I wanted to make a post about politics that had as little to do with "politics" as possible. Personally, I'm tired of this election. It's not that I'm not thankful for the right to vote, or that I'm saying we shouldn't vote, it's just that all this election has seemed to be is uneducated people making uneducated criticisms on politicians. I'm tired of it, all the time during my classes or lunch I hear "Vote Obama", and less frequently "Vote McCain." When asked why, nobody can give me any substance. No one can back up what they say with anything real...
This is why I plan on running for president as soon as I turn 35(?). I reckon I could do a pretty decent job. I'm a relatively smart guy, and I love this country. Also, no mudslinging, I don't like that dirty campaign crap. So yeah, vote for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I used to want to run for president, but I know that there is no way that my views would be accepted in a society based on patriotism and Judeo-Christian values. Also, the fact that I'm not a Christian would hurt my campaign, just look at the allegations made at Obama.
I agree that it's very annoying to hear uneducated students claiming they like Obama because "he's going to bring to change to the country." It's great that younger people are becoming involved and/or interested in politcs, but I just wish that they would read up on the various subjects before opining. Just today I overheard someone say that he supports McCain because his parents told him that Obama is a socialist Muslim. This is how America becomes slapped with that label of oblivion and ignorance.
Post a Comment