I'm no lonely bugger, but my dogs are two of what I would consider to be good friends. I don't usually talk to them, and if I do, I don't expect them to understand. They poop, I clean. I feed them, they thank my momma. Sometimes I think they have a skewed perception of reality, but heck, they're dogs, maybe I expect to much from them.
But nonetheless, I love my pooches. I have two Labrador retrievers, a black one (Angus/Toast), and a yellow (Henry). They're fat, and are only active in bursts, so they aren't too hard to handle. Overall I would have to say they are pretty good dogs. Besides the odd chewing of a wall or shoe, they just kinda sit there. Henry even has calluses on his elbows from lying down so much.
Plus, dogs are manly. Chicks dig them, my anonymous lady source tells me so (not mom). Having a dog shows that you can cater to the needs of something that doesn't come from within your belly. It shows responsibility, and I would like to think of it as a predecessor to children. I'm not trying to burden you with a pet, because they can feel like just that at times, but they really are great companions. I don't plan on getting rid of mine any time soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Dogs are a huge responsibility! I am actually not allowed to get one because of that. I had a dog in Colombia, but I also had a nanny who took care of it. The "chicks dig them" is true also. My friend recently got a boston terrier puppy and he takes it around with him because no one is home during the day. The puppy is extremely cute and girls come up to him all the time saying "awww can I pet it?" Your blog is really funny by the way!
Post a Comment