Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Quads

The other day I was working out my ever-so-manly quads. I was wondering, what exercises do you do for your quads?

I don't really do leg extensions like most people do, I'm more of a jumping squats and stationary lunges kind of guy. 

Hit it up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard that squats are a great way to work your quadriceps. My coach/teacher for weight training says that doing squats is the best overall exercise to improve your lower body strength. The deadlift is another effective workout for the quads. If you go to a gym, then the leg press is also good.

Saad said...

Yeah squats are great.My personal favorite is the hack squat.In case you don't know what that is,here is a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vQ7fqP7meQ.It is called the dead lifts cousin if you do in the stationary position.However there are machines which i think are better for form.

TStok said...

Wow, a whole post on how to work out your quads. This really is testosterone central. Work on including more information, more ideas, into your posts. Your first one was great - let's see more of that!

Alejandro said...

You can do squats, leg press, super leg press, etc. There are many things you can do. If you can't figure it out and go to a gym, ask one of the trainers for tips.

Eric said...

Harrison to truly became stronger you can't just think of it as working out one muscle but working your muscles as a unit. Lets take olympic lifts for example, they take the use of your arms, back, shoulders, and legs to push up or bring up the weight to its wanted level, so when working out legs dont just focus on that one leg muscle but infuse it into a work out that will strengthen your body as a whole not as peices. Remeber your only as strong as your weakest link.