Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Man Salute: Joe

The poll has closed, the votes are in!

Today I salute you, Big Bicep Joe. I would like to congratulate you on being voted the manliest man amongst many other fierce competitors. 


Additionally, it's time that we discuss perhaps the manliest board game of all time: Risk. Surprisingly enough, this game was originally invented by (oddly enough) a French man by the name of Albert Lamorisse. Also known as the game of World Domination, Risk has been known to tear families apart. Personally, me and my brother cannot finish a game without bloodshed. 

This game can be regarded as manly, not only because of the obvious presence of global domination, but also because nothing is more manly then a well developed, strategic mind. Your average dim-witted Joe the Plumber will not be successful in Risk. It takes logic and cunning to navigate your plastic figurines through enemy lines.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't vote in the poll because I couldn't decide between the contestants. I was tempted to vote for Joe but I couldn't go through with it.

Spencer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Spencer said...

I tend to agree with your statement involving the game, "Risk" It is a family shredder, and not to mention a roid-rage instegator. (Don't ever play Risk with a man on steroids...) Anyways, this game of world domination takes patience as well. If I recall, each game of Risk has taken me well over 3hrs to finish. It requires the skill and mastery of a real tactician. If challenged, I would suggest seeing if your opponent is worthy of such a game.

But then again, that is just my opinion.

October 30, 2008 9:35 PM