Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Impulse Buyer

I have never really been a sucker for those money traps on "The Home Shopping Network." For the most part, I'm resistant to the temptations of the Magic Bullett, or Sham-WOW!, but recently I was morally weak, and bought The Iron Gym.

My embed doesn't work, so here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FvfJl8BlX4
You can also go to the iron gym website:
www.getirongym.com

So far, it's not so bad. It really does have a relatively sturdy build, and does go up in seconds as promised. I'm not too sure if some of the other applications for it are all that great just yet, but it seems fine as a pullup/chinup bar.



I was wondering if anyone else has actually found another decent TV-buy. I heard that the perfect pushups aren't that bad, and that the Ab Lounge is garbage.

4 comments:

Spencer said...

Harrison, I do believe your accusations about TV infomercials are true. I was curious myself about the IronGym. Does it truely work? I have used one at a friend of mine's and it was very flimsy and seemed that it was made of cheap plastic. But, I wish to know if it is a worthy so-called "buy". I would like to know your feedback.

-Spencer

Anonymous said...

All TV products are trash.... Michael got the AB Lounge and its trash. If the IronGym turns out to be a good buy I would be surprised.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure your assumption that all exercise products, primarily sold through the use of infomercials, are bad buys. I just recently worked out with my friend and we used his Bowflex. I was surprised to see the Bowflex's power rod technology produce enough resistance to give me a fulfilling workout. I'm not an avid “gym-goer” but I do enough to keep myself in shape and the Bowflex is the machine for me. By the way, I also find the P90X videos very intriguing. What is your expert view on the Bowflex machine and P90X home workout program?

T Quizz! said...

Oh yes, the infomercials of Magic Bullet and Sham-WOW are always interesting to watch when I am bored. How dare you deny the amazing absorbancy of the Sham-WOW!?
I wonder if you are one of those callers who called "within 5 minutes" and got an extra something. I always wondered if that worked. Anyway, hope your Iron Gym works out for you. I always thought the AB Lounge worked..I tried my friend's AB Lounge, and it was quite fun!