Sunday, December 7, 2008

Golly Gee Willikers, Batman

This weekend I spent a lot of time getting into the holiday spirit, Christmas that is. Our tree always goes up Thanksgiving weekend, so that was no big deal, but the lights were still left to be done. In England, they don't really put up any lights or decorations, so since my family is coming we thought we would put ours up because they love it so much. So Saturday I spent close to 4 hours decking our house out in some of the sexiest darn Christmas lights you 'aint never seen before. Truth be told, I felt it was lacking a little bit because I ran out of lights, but it looks good for what we had.

Another favorite during this season is the songs. I'm not a carroler, nor am I the nostalgic type that sits by a fire listening to silver bells and sipping Brandy. Nah, I went over to a friends house and made a play list. My personal favorite, being "Santa Baby," cause I'm that raunchy kind of guy, and my mother's favorite "Do They Know It's Christmas." Boy oh boy, I love this time of year

1 comment:

Joseph said...

I'm right there with you in expressing my affection towards the holidays. Whatever your current circumstances are at the time (good or bad), you can't help but join in the cheerful festivities. The chipper ambiance that forms from a turgid, Christmas tree and other holiday arrangements gets to me, year in and year out. As the holidays draw ever nearer, my family and I make preparations to welcome our relatives and friends into our home to share in the merriment. We also get into the Christmas spirit by singing songs. My personal favorite is Jackson 5's take on "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause." The holidays are not all fun and games, however. We straighten up and attend Mass on Christmas day to commemorate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ. Once we devote an hour of our time to the Lord, it is time to get back to enjoying the winter time.